Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Flutes, flutes, flutes



I'm not used to doing clay for 7 or more hours in a day - I'm trying to pace myself - it's fun, exhasting and very frustrating. The studio is filled with the airy and sometimes beautiful deep and haunting sounds of flutes and whistles in progress. It was somewhat of a relief to go to my work-study job of putting out silverware and dishes - at least I could do it successfully - although I did come within millimeters of overflowing the potwashing sink.....



This is me with a flute that has made sound, not made sound, been fixed by Brian, broken by both of us, beheaded and retooled. It is currently resting until tomorrow when I will once again try to make it into a recorder. My goal is to come home being able to consistently make working flutes and whistles - I keep getting closer



Today Brian finished the body of his drum and showed us a quick way to dry it.

.

No comments: