Friday, August 17, 2007

I think I've got the hang of this!

These two days (thursday and friday) have been great fun - I haven't wanted to leave the studio - a bunch of us were up working until about 11:00 last night - there was some singing and general silliness as well!

This is the collection of flutes and whistles and things in progress so far -I'm quite proud of my bear whistle - on the right side of the board. . He has a lovely deep sound, befitting such a handsome bear!






The water whistle is the most exciting - I'm constructing it today - it's a two-chambered vessel with water and an aquaduct joining the two chambers. One chamber has a whistle. when you tilt the whistle, the movement of water forces air through the whistle making a whistling and also a haunting "other" sound.


No comments: