Sunday, August 12, 2007

Has it really only been 2 days?

Last night was a party for the auction volunteers - it was a good opportunity to kick back and get to know people a little better. I won a door prize of a big bag of food from a local health store - so I will share it with my colleagues!

Although it was unplanned, arriving early and working at the auction was a real benefit - In a very short time I have met people I am really enjoying stopping and chatting with and I feel completely comfortable here already.

Today was the first full day of work. My team was set to clean and ready the dining room and kitchen for the session. I met my teacher, although we haven't actually met as a class yet. At orientation they gave a quick description of the classes and teachers, and it sounds like this is really going to be a great class.

1 comment:

Mom n Dad said...

Nice to here from you. It's fun.
Have a great time and keep us posted